I sometimes find it weird when our editors suggest blog topics (even though I was known to assign topics now and then when I was the editor of Todaysparent.com not so long ago), since most of us write about such truly personal things. But I’m really glad they asked us bloggers to talk about our hopes for 2012. I needed the push to really think about it and put it on paper (or on computer screen).
Tracy (over at Tracy’s Mama Memoirs) says she hopes to focus more on her health and her family this year. I’m with her — there’s nothing more important.
Back on December 31, 2007 I was a newlywed (married just four months) and I hoped, hoped, hoped to get pregnant and have a baby in 2008. My wish came true when I found out on January 20, 2008 I was expecting and on September 19, 2008 when my Addyson was born.
Back on December 31, 2009 I had been off maternity leave for three months, had a 15-month-old and I hoped, hoped, hoped to get pregnant and have another baby in 2010. My wish came true when I found out on January 21, 2010 I was expecting and on September 22, 2010 when my Peyton was born.
Back on December 15, 2011 I tweeted the following: “My body is confused. I got preggo the last two Decembers that fell in odd years. Mathematically, I should get knocked up this month.”
I’ll come clean now… Peter and I won’t be having another baby in September 2012. We’re (I’m) undecided on whether or not to have another baby. We’ve (I’ve) put that on hold for the time being.
Last time I posted here I wrote about how much my life changed in 2011. I have lots of hopes for how I, well, hope it will change in 2012. This will be THE year because:
– My stupid, aggravating, tedious, sad, boring, scary, anger-inducing PPD will vanish.
– I’ll be done with all of my damn PPD-related prescriptions. I’m sick of taking three different “anti-” drugs each day.
– I’ll regain my patience and remember what it’s like to relax with my beautiful girls and hubs.
– Addy will pee and poo on the potty. And I’ll actually put the effort in to get her to pee and poo on the potty.
– Peyps will talk. I don’t know what the hell “BEEHSHF” means.
– I’ll drop the last 30 baby pounds I want off me. (Old Lisa would’ve said 40 pounds, but I’m trying not to be so hard on myself.)
– I’ll try not to be so hard on myself.
– I’m doing what I love. I’m lucky — I’ve been doing what I love pretty much since graduating university. But now I’m REALLY doing what I love. This is what I tweeted on January 1, 2012: “Super high hopes for 2012. Resolve to keep writing for the magazines I love and add more of my favourites to my writing roster.” I spend my days writing for my favourite magazines (Today’s Parent included). There’s nothing I’d rather be doing.
– I’ll keep working on my craft and I’ll keep going after assignments and writing gigs that excite me. I’ll try for bigger and strive for better.
– I’ll have more fun. Period.
– I won’t get wrapped up in drama. Scratch that — I won’t get wrapped up in my own (familial, occupational, whatever) drama. I will continue to be wrapped up in Jersey Shore drama. Guilty pleasures.
– I’ll indulge in more guilty pleasures. Yeah, I love Teen Mom 2. There. I said it.
So those are my hopes for 2012. There are a ton more, but I have the whole year to share them with you, right?
Now I’m going to put on my editor’s hat and assign the same thing to you. Think about it and share ’em with me: What are your hopes for 2012?