- Sit together on the floor in a quiet place, with your palms up, the backs of your hands resting on your thighs. Go around the circle and share what you are grateful for. Ask each person, “Who do you want to send love to tonight?”
- For 30 seconds, sit in silence with your eyes closed. Think about the ocean (or visualize any form of nature).
- Spend the next minute, imagining white light pouring down from the sky into your hands.
- Ask everyone to repeat after you: “I pray for my happiness and the happiness of my family and my community.” Have them call out names of family members, friends and pets whose health and happiness they’d like to pray for.
- Say together: “Thank you, God/Universe/Inner Guide/Nature, for always being there and for guiding me to live in and serve the world from my highest place, which is truth and love. I surrender to your beauty, grace and love.”
A version of this article appeared in our December 2015 issue with the headline, “A question of faith”, p. 74.