• Canadian Mental Health Association: Provides a link to the CMHA nearest you to access local programs and services.
• Children’s Mental Health Ontario: Includes a directory of children’s mental health centres across Ontario.
• Dr. Michael Cheng: Offers a wide range of handouts about child and youth mental health.
• eMentalHealth: Provides detailed listings of local mental health resources from a growing, though still limited, number of communities across Canada.
• Family Help Program: A telephone-based program for kids with mild-to-moderate mental health issues in a few selected areas of Nova Scotia. 1-866-4470-7111 (toll free in Nova Scotia) or 902-470-7934.
• F.O.R.C.E.: Parent resource group in BC offering support, information, tools, and tips.
• Kids Help Phone or call 1-800-668-6868: Toll-free, national, bilingual, phone and web counselling, referral and information service for children and youth.
• Offord Centre: Excellent information pamphlets written for parents.
• Community Education Service: Books on children’s mental health recommended by the Family Resource Centres at McMaster Children’s Hospital.
• Parents for Children’s Mental Health (Ontario)
• Provincial Centre of Excellence for Child and Youth Mental Health at CHEO: Directory of Ontario-based services, tool kits and resources.
Stay in touch
Subscribe to Today's Parent's daily newsletter for our best parenting news, tips, essays and recipes.