Science says there’s no way to cure your hiccups, but there’s no harm in giving these fun suggestions a shot.
- “Plug your ears and chug water with a straw.” —Sara Gallant Reeve, Stoney Creek, Ont.
- “Put a piece of paper on your head and try to keep it there for at least a minute.” —Erina Dawne McNicol, Powell River, BC
- “Stand up tall, raise your left arm above your head and bend slightly to the right until you feel a pull. Take slow, deep breaths from your diaphragm.” —Amy Nicole, Toronto
- “Rub your earlobes for a minute or two.” —Tanya Work, Calgary
- “Drink a shot of vinegar.” —Ana Pakenham, Kimberley, BC
- “Take 10 sips of water upside down (bending at the hips).” —April Rasmussen, Drumheller, Alta.
- “Tickle the person who hiccups. It works every time, and the kids love it!” —Anna Whidden, Ottawa
Read more: Hiccups causes and cures>