1. Preheat oven to 250F.
2. Mix 1 cup flour, ½ cup salt and ½ cup water together in a small bowl.
3. Knead your dough on a floured surface. Roll out dough to an 1/8-in. thickness.
4. Use cookie cutters to create festive shapes. (We found this one at a baking supply store.) Use a straw to poke holes so your ornament can hang on the tree.
5. Place on a baking sheet, and bake for 2 hours. Let cool completely before painting.
6. Paint your shape. Once dry, go crazy with the decorations. This is one of those times where more is more—add sequins and beads with white glue.
Looking for more easy ornament crafts? Have the kids make a snow globe with their favourite figurine.