- glass container (with air hole)
- preserved reindeer moss
- coloured gravel
- Tillandsia air plant
- pebbles, twigs, acorns, small toy figures
- spray bottle
1. Pour about an inch of gravel into your glass container.
2. Position your air plant in the gravel.
3. Place moss, pebbles, acorns, twigs and other extras around the base of the plant.
4. To care for your plant: Mist the plant twice every three days and keep it in indirect sunlight.
A version of this article appeared in the April 2014 issue with the headline “Plant world,” p. 22.