Upcycle glass jars or bottles and tissue paper scraps to make colourful vases that can hold pretty spring blooms. Suitable for ages 3+ with help.
- clean, empty glass jars and bottles (baby food, juice, pickles)
- non-toxic white glue mixed with an equal amount of water
- small paintbrush
- coloured tissue paper scraps
- Tear the tissue paper into any shape (about 2–5 in/5–13 cm).
- Brush a small area of the bottle with the glue mixture.
- Stick a piece of tissue on the container and paint over it with more of the glue and water mixture.
- Repeat, overlapping tissue pieces, until the container is covered.
- Let dry overnight.
- Fill with dried flowers or wait for early spring blooms.