Upcycle glass jars or bottles and tissue paper scraps to make colourful vases that can hold pretty spring blooms. Suitable for ages 3+ with help.
- clean, empty glass jars and bottles (baby food, juice, pickles)
- non-toxic white glue mixed with an equal amount of water
- small paintbrush
- coloured tissue paper scraps
- Tear the tissue paper into any shape (about 2–5 in/5–13 cm).
- Brush a small area of the bottle with the glue mixture.
- Stick a piece of tissue on the container and paint over it with more of the glue and water mixture.
- Repeat, overlapping tissue pieces, until the container is covered.
- Let dry overnight.
- Fill with dried flowers or wait for early spring blooms.
This article was originally published on Apr 13, 2016
Keep up with your baby's development, get the latest parenting content and receive special offers from our partners