Terrariums are all the rage these days, but why buy one at a store when you can create your own?
– Glass vessel with large opening
– River rocks
– Activated charcoal
– Cactus soil
– Variety of succulents
– Optional: moss or ground covers, terrarium decor
1. Line the bottom of your vessel with river rocks so they are about an inch deep.
2. Cover the river rocks with a thin layer of activated charcoal.
3. Add a layer of soil on top of the charcoal.
4. Loosen the roots of the succulents before planting. Cover with more soil to create an even base.
5. Place your succulents in a spot where they’ll get a lot of indirect sunlight, and water every two weeks.
Tip: Before planting, play around with the succulents in the vessel until you’re happy with the arrangement.