- cotton pillow case
- 3 to 5 rolls of duct tape (in assorted colours and widths)
- zip-top freezer bag, medium
- gem stickers
- hole punch
- craft wire
- metal fastener
1. Cut a strip of duct tape an inch wider than your freezer bag and stick it onto the pillow case. Take another strip of tape and overlap 1/8 inch with the previous piece of tape. Repeat nine or 10 times.
2. Pull the tape sheet off the pillow case and flip it over, sticky-side up. Stick strips of tape down onto adhesive side of tape sheet until covered on both sides. Trim uneven sides.
3. Wrap zip-top bag with duct tape sheet. Secure the sides of the bag with a different duct tape colour.
4. Create fringe by sticking two pieces of duct tape together (the width of your bag), then repeatedly cut 3/4 of the way up along tape. Secure to bag with more tape. Repeat for the back and trim uneven sides.
5. Embellish with gem stickers and a fun tassel (watch our video tutorial below to see how to make the tassel). Fill it with your favourite stuff and go!
A version of this article appeared in our November 2014 issue with the headline “Zippy case,” p. 18.