1. BrainPOP/BrainPOP Jr Geared to helping kids from kindergarten to grade 12, this site offers tons of educational games and videos on subjects like social studies, math, science, art and history. BrainPOP Jr is great for little learners from kindergarten to grade three. Full access to the site requires a subscription, but there’s plenty of free content to explore.
2. Canadian Geographic Kids! Magazine heavyweight Canadian Geographic has a kids’ site where tots can learn all things Canadiana. Here, they can explore a virtual map, find out fun animal facts and delve into educational videos and games.
3. DOGO News Does your child love reading and watching the news? Created by a San Francisco mom, this kid-friendly news site is the perfect place for curious minds to catch up on current events, with articles written specifically for a younger audience.
4. HowStuffWorks If your little one is constantly asking why and how, then this is the place for her. You’ll never have to answer a tough question again (well, maybe!).
6. NASA Kids’ Club Blast off into learning with this galactic page where wee astronauts can do puzzles and games and learn all about the famous space program.
7. Science Bob Let your kids geek out on this informative site. It’s the go-to spot for all things science, with experiments to try, research tips and a Q&A section.
8. Starfall A phenomenal resource for young readers, the site features tools and games that align with the school curriculum. This site is so fun, your kids will forget it’s educational.
9. Cool Math Games As the name suggests, this isn’t a boring math site. Excite your little mathletes (or struggling academics) with this hands-on site that’s brimming with strategy, logic and skill games.