Add a jolt of flavour to your greens routine with this scrumptious salad. It’s no ordinary dish: with healthy greens, spiced chicken and a unique, flavourful dressing, this salad is a complete meal. Recipe makes 4 servings.
- 1/4 cup frozen apple juice concentrate, thawed
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons coarse Dijon mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 cups torn salad greens
- 2 medium oranges, peeled, sectioned
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1/2 cup sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro or parsley
- Cooking spray
- 3/4 cup Quaker® Oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 lb.)
- 2 tablespoons coarse Dijon mustard
- In small bowl, combine ingredients for dressing. Mix until thoroughly blended; chill. In large shallow bowl or platter, combine ingredients for salad; cover and chill.
- Heat broiler. Lightly spray rack of broiler pan with cooking spray.
- Place oats, cheese and cumin in blender container or food processor bowl; cover. Blend on high speed or process about 1 minute, stopping occasionally to stir; set aside. Pound each chicken breast half between sheets of waxed paper to 1/4-inch thickness. Spread mustard thinly over both sides of chicken; coat with oat mixture. Place chicken on broiler pan; spray one side of chicken evenly with cooking spray to coat completely, about 10 seconds.
- Broil about 6 inches from heat 3 to 4 minutes; remove pan from broiler. Turn chicken over; spray with cooking spray to coat, about 10 seconds. Broil an additional 3 to 4 minutes or until golden brown and no longer pink in center. Toss salad with dressing; place warm chicken over top. Serve with additional orange wedges and cilantro, if desired.