- 1/4 cup frozen apple juice concentrate, thawed
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons coarse Dijon mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 cups torn salad greens
- 2 medium oranges, peeled, sectioned
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1/2 cup sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro or parsley
- Cooking spray
- 3/4 cup Quaker® Oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 lb.)
- 2 tablespoons coarse Dijon mustard
- In small bowl, combine ingredients for dressing. Mix until thoroughly blended; chill. In large shallow bowl or platter, combine ingredients for salad; cover and chill.
- Heat broiler. Lightly spray rack of broiler pan with cooking spray.
- Place oats, cheese and cumin in blender container or food processor bowl; cover. Blend on high speed or process about 1 minute, stopping occasionally to stir; set aside. Pound each chicken breast half between sheets of waxed paper to 1/4-inch thickness. Spread mustard thinly over both sides of chicken; coat with oat mixture. Place chicken on broiler pan; spray one side of chicken evenly with cooking spray to coat completely, about 10 seconds.
- Broil about 6 inches from heat 3 to 4 minutes; remove pan from broiler. Turn chicken over; spray with cooking spray to coat, about 10 seconds. Broil an additional 3 to 4 minutes or until golden brown and no longer pink in center. Toss salad with dressing; place warm chicken over top. Serve with additional orange wedges and cilantro, if desired.
Stay in touch
Subscribe to Today's Parent's daily newsletter for our best parenting news, tips, essays and recipes.