To make the gorgeous licorice lace flower for our Rainbow Loom cupcake (check out all 30 of our awesome cupcake decorating ideas here), we’ve put together a handy step-by-step tutorial to help show you how. Time to get those fingers looping (and Rainbow Loom-ing)!
Read more: 9 fun Rainbow Loom crafts>
- candy laces (we used licorice laces)
- Styrofoam block
1. & 2. Insert 6 toothpicks into a small Styrofoam block about 1-in. apart in a hexagonal shape.
3. Slide the red candy lace down between A and B and between D and E.
4. Wrap the candy clockwise around E, and then through B and C.
5. Next, wrap it clockwise around B, and then through D and E.
6. Wrap the lace clockwise around E again, and then through B and C. After, wrap it clockwise around C, and then through F and A.
7. Take the candy and wrap it counter-clockwise around F, and then through B and C. Wrap it clockwise around C again, then through F and A.
8. Wrap the lace clockwise around A, and then through D and E. Wrap it counter-clockwise around D, then through F and A.
9. Wrap it clockwise around F, then through D and E. Next, wrap it counter-clockwise around D, then through F and A.
10. Wrap the candy clockwise around F to the centre. Grab the starting end of the lace (between A and B), and wrap clockwise around B to the centre. Tie the loose ends together.
11. (Not shown) Use a yellow candy lace to loop through each opposing petal twice, then secure the loose ends in the centre to make the flowers centre knot.
Stay in touch
Subscribe to Today's Parent's daily newsletter for our best parenting news, tips, essays and recipes.