To make the gorgeous licorice lace flower for our Rainbow Loom cupcake (check out all 30 of our awesome cupcake decorating ideas here), we’ve put together a handy step-by-step tutorial to help show you how. Time to get those fingers looping (and Rainbow Loom-ing)!
Read more: 9 fun Rainbow Loom crafts>
- candy laces (we used licorice laces)
- Styrofoam block
1. & 2. Insert 6 toothpicks into a small Styrofoam block about 1-in. apart in a hexagonal shape.
3. Slide the red candy lace down between A and B and between D and E.
4. Wrap the candy clockwise around E, and then through B and C.
5. Next, wrap it clockwise around B, and then through D and E.
6. Wrap the lace clockwise around E again, and then through B and C. After, wrap it clockwise around C, and then through F and A.
7. Take the candy and wrap it counter-clockwise around F, and then through B and C. Wrap it clockwise around C again, then through F and A.
8. Wrap the lace clockwise around A, and then through D and E. Wrap it counter-clockwise around D, then through F and A.
9. Wrap it clockwise around F, then through D and E. Next, wrap it counter-clockwise around D, then through F and A.
10. Wrap the candy clockwise around F to the centre. Grab the starting end of the lace (between A and B), and wrap clockwise around B to the centre. Tie the loose ends together.
11. (Not shown) Use a yellow candy lace to loop through each opposing petal twice, then secure the loose ends in the centre to make the flowers centre knot.