1. Monster Halloween This seasonal shop (which opens in early September and closes in early November) receives new arrivals daily, and provides both spooky and fun offerings for the whole family (pets, included!). We love that the scariest costumes are housed in the "dungeon," so little ones don't have to worry about any unexpected frights. The staff get into the spirit and are all dressed up, and there's loads of accessories to choose from for those just looking for odds and ends to add to your homemade costume. Bargain hunters take note: Locations mark down all their costumes by half-price after October 31st—perfect for scoring next year's duds.
3 locations across the city monsterblowout.com
2. Audrey's Costume Castle and Dancewear With more than 30 years experience, Audrey's has an assortment of beautiful pieces for rent and lots of costumes and accessories for sale. There's makeup (including prosthetic wounds), masks, hats and spooky decor to impress trick-or-treaters. The dancewear section is perfect for picking out items to create a Sugarplum Fairy or Black Swan look.
1475 Startop Rd. Unit #6, 613-744-7742 1-800-costume.com
3. Party Mart Canadian-owned Party Mart offers unbeatable deals on kids' and adult costumes and a slew of accessories like masks, makeup, mustaches and home decor. With two locations in the Ottawa area, this one-stop party spot has everything you need to host your own spooky extravaganza.
400 Earl Grey Dr. Unit 9, Kanata. 2148 Carling Ave., 613-271-0376 partymart.ca
4. Quichua's Tickled Pink Popshop Tucked away in Ottawa's historic Byward Market Square Building, this beautifully curated shop specializes in Canadian-made toys, costumes and clothing. Not your typical Halloween shop, the mostly-pink store offers garb for pirates, wizards and princesses—not to mention all the tutus, wands and crowns.
55 Byward Market Sq., 613-562-8350 quichua.ca
5. Malabar Originally established in Winnipeg more than a century ago, this costume store has since set up shop in Ottawa and Toronto. There's plenty of on-trend baby and kid costumes to choose from (can anyone say, Frozen?), amazing rentals for adults and all the props and accessories that a Halloween fanatic could dream of.
1610 Merivale Rd, Nepean, 613-225-8374 malabar.net
Keep up with your baby's development, get the latest parenting content and receive special offers from our partners