Really, who doesn’t sit fascinated in front of the toaster oven as Shrinky Dinks curl and unfold? Take your designs to the next level by turning them into charm bracelets for Valentine’s Day. A simple craft that everyone in the family will enjoy — and want front-row seats for.
What you’ll need:
Regular or inkjet shrink film (available at craft supply stores)
Markers or coloured pencils
- Open our Valentine’s Day charm template, which has two sizes of each charm.
- Print the template onto regular white paper or onto inkjet shrink film at exact size.
- If you printed onto white paper, trace the design(s) you want onto regular shrink film.
- Colour in the design(s) with either markers or coloured pencils, as directed by your shrink film product. Keep in mind that colours will deepen when the film shrinks.
- Cut the rock charm along the guitar pick’s shape. Cut the other charm slightly away from the black outline, leaving white space around the butterfly.
- Punch two holes in each charm.
- Follow your shrink film’s instructions for baking.
- When the charm has cooled, string three pieces of cord through the charms’ holes and braid.
- Tied the ends in a knot to close.
Stay in touch
Subscribe to Today's Parent's daily newsletter for our best parenting news, tips, essays and recipes.