1. Cole Harbour Outdoor Pool & Tennis Complex After a busy morning playing tennis (or just throwing balls), head over to the pool for a refreshing dip. The whole family can enjoy the five-lane, 25-meter pool, open daily from 1 to 4 p.m. with lifeguards on duty. If your little fish is still learning how to swim, sign her up for swimming lessons. The pool also offers synchronized swimming, polo and diving classes. And if you have children five and younger, they get in to the pool free, as long as they have an adult with them.
Go play: 609 Colby Dr., Dartmouth 902-462-8877 comeplayoutside.com
2. St. Margaret’s Centre Home to the Bay Breakers Swim Team, this centre has a heated outdoor pool (not that kids ever notice the cold water!), complete with four swimming lanes. It costs $4 per person or $12 for the whole family, making it a great place for a day of fun. The pool offers Family Swim times from 3 to 5 p.m. on weekends, so your little swimmers can splash and cannonball to their heart's content. You can book this awesome pool for birthday parties and special occasions. Make sure to also rent the BBQ so you can enjoy hot dogs and hamburgers on the picnic tables. Check out their activities calendar online to find out about upcoming events!
12 Westwood Blvd., Upper Tantallon
3. Victoria Park This historical landmark in the heart of Charlottetown is a beautiful place to explore with your little ones. Start your morning with a walk along the boardwalk or the woodland trails. Then it's time for lunch! Pack your own picnic or enjoy a meal at the Dairy Bar. Now, are you ready to cool off? Little kids can run around in the splash pad and big kids will want to dive into the outdoor pool. It's open daily until 7:45 p.m. and it's free!
50 Park Roadway, Charlottetown
4. Saltwater Pool & Bathhouse This saltwater pool is a must-visit for tourists and locals! The heated outdoor pool gets its water supply from the Bay of Fundy, so your wee one can experience the "ocean" for the first time. Enjoy the saltwater pool from June to September until 6:45 p.m. every day. The pool is at the heart of Fundy National Park, so after a morning in the pool, go explore! You'll definitely want to check out the ocean during low tide, where kids can find lots of cool sea creatures like barnacles and periwinkles.
Go play: 51 Point Wolfe Rd., Alma, Fundy National Park 506-887-6000 historicplaces.ca
5. Qplex Qplex is pool central! There's a junior six-lane Olympic-sized outdoor swimming pool for big kids to swim a few laps in. It flows into the leisure pool that features two waterslides, a vortex and awesome spray features, and then finally into the kiddie pool (which sports a graduated slope entrance for wee ones). Your little fish will love the tot pool, where they can practice blowing bubbles and kicking their tiny feet. Family change rooms are on-site and you can purchase day or season passes.
20 Randy Jones Way, Quispamsis
6. Bannerman Park Like many of the other spots on this list, Bannerman Park has a baseball diamond and vast grassy areas for lounging, dog walking and picnicking. What makes it unique is its L-shaped swimming pool, complete with a diving board for the daring swimmers. Bannerman Park boasts a new pool house with accessible washrooms and change rooms, and an awesome splash pad. This park is perfect for a day of fun in the sun.
Go play: Bannerman Road 709-576-2309 stjohns.ca