1. Confederation Park Big kids can practise their backstrokes at this awesome pool. There’s a separate wading pool for kids nine and younger, so little fish can practise blowing bubbles and kicking their feet without being disturbed by the big ones. After a hard day of swimming, kids can relax at the snack bar. Admission is free for all!
Go play: 6265 Avenue Biermans, Montreal 514-872-1125 ville.montreal.qc.ca>
2. Aquatic Complex (Parc Jean-Drapeau) This hotspot is home to three massive pools: a recreation pool, a diving pool and a competition pool. The recreation pool is best for families, as it has a gradual slope for little ones to get their feet wet. Bigger kids will be jumping for joy when they see the two water trampolines. You’ll definitely want to visit the pool on special theme days—hello, biggest water obstacle course ever!—so check the website for dates. Kids two and younger are free.
Go play: Chemin du Tour de I’îsle, Montreal 514-872-2323 parcjeandrapeau.com>
3. Kent Park You'll definitely want to spend a whole day at Kent Park. There’s a huge pool for the whole family to enjoy, but little swimmers can also splash around in the wading pool. And that’s not all: There's a splash pad complete with sprinklers, jets, sprayers, tipping buckets and fountains—oh, and a drooling pelican. So fun! There are plenty of shady spots if you need a break from the sun or a quiet spot for your tired tot to sleep. Don’t forget to pack a yummy lunch to enjoy in the picnic area. Family change rooms are on site. Admission is free.
Go play: 6262 Chemin Hudson, Montreal 514-872-4697 ville.montreal.qc.ca>
4. Parc Ménard Pool This beautiful park has tons of space for your wee ones to run around and explore. After perfecting their plunge off the diving board or practising their front strokes, your little swimmers can cool off at one of two playgrounds or play on the basketball and tennis courts.
Go play: 300 rue Clément, Montreal 514-367-6460 ville.montreal.qc.ca>
5. Parc Raymond Pool Enjoy a sunny day at this beautiful park in the heart of Montreal. Start your day on the playground, where there are two different play sets—one for little tots and one for big kids. The pool opens at noon, so after lunching at the clubhouse, grab your bathing suit and sun hat and head for the water. It's free for all! After playing Marco Polo, dry off with a few games of horseshoe.
Go play: 1000 Rue De Lorimier, Longueuil 514-367-6460 longueuil.ca>
6. Parc Ouellette This super-long pool is the perfect spot for kiddies who are looking to swim competitive laps with their friends or practise their strokes. They'll have lots of fun jumping off the diving board, too. When they get tired of the pool, there’s an awesome playground to swing, slide and climb on.
Go play: 1407 rue Serre, Montreal 514-367-6460 ville.montreal.qc.ca>
Keep up with your baby's development, get the latest parenting content and receive special offers from our partners