Need plans for this weekend? Live close to Newmarket, Ont.? Have a kid who’s a hockey fanatic? If you answered yes to all, then you’ll definitely want to check out the Rogers Hometown Hockey Tour kickoff at Riverwalk Commons!
The two-day hockey celebration starts on Saturday, Oct. 15 at noon ET and ends on Sunday evening. It may only be two days but it’s jam-packed with activities your little hockey-lovers will adore. Here are 10 things you’ll want to do when you get there.
1. Check out augmented reality at the Rogers Fan Hub and drink some free hot chocolate. Yum!
2. Let your kid call the shots like an NHL official in the Rogers NHL Viewing Room. Here, they’ll get a real feeling for what it’s like to be on the ice, get close to players and experience more Virtual Reality hockey!
3. Meet and greet NHL alumni like Curtis Joseph, play interactive games and check out highlights from recent NHL matchups at the Scotiabank Community Locker Room. Bonus: Kids 16 and under get jerseys!
4. Are your kids fast on their feet? Get them to try the Stow ‘N Go Challenge, a hockey-themed obstacle course at the Dodge Family Zone. They might win $5,000 for their local minor hockey association or a 2017 Chrysler Pacifica.
5. Get your kiddos to test out their hockey skills at the McDonald’s Ball Hockey Rink while you enjoy the free McCafé premium roast brewed coffee.
6. When the kids start getting hangry, take them to the Dr. Oetker Giuseppe Pizzeria tent, where they can enjoy a free slice of the ‘za. Free!
7. Tiny tots will love the Playmobil NHL Arena, where they can face off against their friends and family using Playmobil’s lineup of NHL figures.
8. Watch Juno-award winning band Walk Off The Earth. They’re wicked cool!
9. End your weekend by watching the Edmonton Oilers face the Buffalo Sabres and cheer for your favourite team at the outdoor viewing party.
Rogers Hometown Hockey runs from Saturday, Oct. 15, noon ET to 6 p.m., to Sunday, Oct. 16, noon ET to the end of the outdoor viewing party. Find more info here.
Stay in touch
Subscribe to Today's Parent's daily newsletter for our best parenting news, tips, essays and recipes.