Yesterday we talked top celebrity dads, and today we're talking MOMS to ring in the New Year!
I have to admit I'm a bit distracted here because I had this wild idea that it would be perfectly peachy to bring my son in to work today because it's only a half day and a lot of people are away. But.... Not so much. My desk is now covered in play dough, and I pretty-much can't type out an entire sentence without being interrupted. Just FYI.
Without further ado, I give you TOP 10 FAVOURITE CELEBRITY MOMS 2010!
1. Jennifer Garner is arguably THE WORLD's favourite celebrity mom. Unfortunately, the poor thing is harassed by paparazzi every day because we love her so much. And we thank her for inspiring us by being both glam and so hands-on with her little ones.
Jen is doting mom to Violet (b. 2005) and Seraphina (b. 2009).
2. This was the year for Sandra Bullock -- an Oscar win coupled with the scandal of her Jesse James' divorce.... She rode the waves of the scandal with utter poise and her typical wit and secured a place in our hearts when she adopted adorable little Louis!
Sandra is the proud mama of almost-1-year-old Louis Bardo Bullock.
We interrupt this top 10 to draw 3-year-old a car with office highlighters, which he will hopefully spend a lot of time decorating.
3. Angelina Jolie was one of the most hated moms this year. Which is why we love her. Chelsea Handler notoriously took her on as a homewrecker, and her scandalous past returned to bite her in her nonexistent arse earlier this year. But she's still gorj and fascinating.
Angelina is mom to 3 adopted children — Maddox (b. 2002), Zahara (b. 2005), and Pax (b. 2004) — and 3 biological children — Shiloh (b. 2006), Knox and Vivienne (b. 2008).
We interrupt this Top 10 list because someone "needa peeeee."
4. Gwen Stefani has made it through her husband Gavin Rossdale's scandal perfectly unscathed. We love her because she's so hands-on and glam and fabulous -- like Jennifer Garner only a tad funkier....
She's mom to Kingston (b. 2006) and Zuma (b. 2008).
5. Jennifer Lopez might not be everyone's favourite celebrity mom but she's got an exciting 2011 ahead of her as a new judge on American Idol and just LOOK AT HER on the cover of this week's Us Magazine after birthing twins, and at 41 years old (join me in pretending no airbrushing went on here)....
Jennifer is mom to 2.5-year old twins Max and Emme.
Another washroom break. This one was fake. Apparently he needed a change of scenery....
6. Ellen Pompeo is on the list this year because we met her in person and got all the scoop on her life as a celeb mom in our one-on-one interview! She's done incredible work bringing diapers to North American families in need and awareness to the diaper-need crisis.
Ellen is mom to 15-month-old Stella Luna.
7. Heidi Klum annoyed a lot of us early on in the year by being EVERYWHERE. But she was EVERYWHERE with her kids. Irritatingly GORJ or not, Heidi Klum is a hands-on celeb mom, and we love her for it.
Heidi has 4 children. Her first child Leni (b. 2004), whom her husband Seal adopted, and 3 children with Seal -- Henry Günther Adeola Dashtu Samuel (b. 2005), Johan Riley Fyodor Taiwo Samuel (b. 2006) and Lou Sulola Samuel (b. 2009).
This is getting impossible. Unfortunately, my 3 year old is incapable of independent play. I mean, I knew that? But I was in a supreme state of denial when I took him to work this morning. Where's the nearest Starbucks? I need a chai latte now. NOW.
8. Jessica Alba makes the list this year because, while people seem to find her boring now, she really is great to watch with little Honor -- also so hands on. She's the youngest of our favourite celebrity moms, at 29. While many of her counterparts are off partying and/or dating hot men like Jake Gyllenhaal, she's loving being a mom and gushing often about it. She also stars in the #1 movie at the holiday box office -- Little Fockers. So the girl's still got it!
Jessica is mom to 2.5-year-old Honor Marie Warren.
He's now sitting on my lap.... FYI.
9. Halle Berry makes the list for being out and about so much with gorgeous Nahla. Can you tell I'm losing steam here? It really is hard to blog and "conversate" with your 3 year old while composing very important blog post.
Halle is mom to 2.5-year-old Nahla Ariela Aubry.
He's begging to go home. This was a bad bad bad bad idea.
10. ALANIS MORISSETTE. We're so excited to add Canadian legend Alanis Morissette to our roster of celebrity moms this year. WOOHOO!
Alanis recently gave birth to baby Ever Imre Morissette-Treadway on Christmas Day. How ironic poetic.
Whew! Made it! Honourable mentions go out to gorgeous Alessandra Ambrosio, Julia Roberts and her 1.5-million-dollar coffee commercial cameo, newly-engaged Reese Witherspoon, newly-married Nicole Richie, and ever-changing Ashlee Simpson-Wentz.
We are going home. Leaving the building. There will be a big party here as soon as the door closes behind us. A "silence party." Because for the first time ALL MORNING, there will be more than 2 consecutive seconds of silence. Hee! And I will hug my little guy with gratitude and smother him with kisses for sticking it out here for so long.
Please add your favourite celebrity moms to the list in the comments!
Happy New Year, GORGEOUSES!
Photos: Fame Pictures. Photo of Alanis c/o Alanis.
Keep up with your baby's development, get the latest parenting content and receive special offers from our partners