So our gorj online managing editor, Nadine Silverthorne, elbowed me excitedly in a boardroom meeting this morning: “Hey, Hales, did you see that story on OK! Magazine? Something about Jessica Simpson’s first days as a new mom?”
“What?” I gasped. “She hasn’t had her baby yet. Has she…….?”
NO. The answer is NO. Despite the cover story headline to the left, Jessica Simpson, 31, has not had her baby. The headline was simply referring to what Jessica or, really, an “insider” imagines her first days as a new mom will be like. GAHH!
Yes, Jessica is still what seems like 21 months pregnant. Anyway, here are some highlights from the article:
- “I can’t wait to just hold her in my arms,” Jessica tells the mag. “At this point, I am really ready.”
- A source for the mag says, “Jessica is going to be the most unbelievable mother — she’s taken to it like a duck to water.”
- According to said source, Jessica is already talking to the baby and “already feels like she knows her. She sings to her all the time, too.”
- Source also says Jess has been songwriting: “the baby already has songs written especially for her!”
- Source says Jess is all set for the challenges that first-time parenting brings because she’s hangs out with her sister Ashlee Simpson and 3-year-old Bronx.
THAT’s the story. Lots about Jessica’s first days as a mom, right? GAHH! They got me.
OK! Magazine‘s usually a lot of fun, but they got us all with this headline, dangit! We really wanted to know at the very least what Jessica’s expecting when her baby girl finally arrives….
Anyway, if you do end up flipping through this issue of OK! Magazine, you might find details about the baby’s nursery and what Jess has planned for her post-baby weight-loss strategy (although….a little birdie told us a while back that she has a massive dealio with Weight Watchers).
Source: OK! Magazine