Leek, Potato and Spinach Soup
Easy to make and packed with veggies, this is one green soup they won't turn their noses up at.
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 3 cups leeks , chopped (white and light green parts only)
- 1 tsp garlic , chopped
- 2 cups yellow-fleshed potatoes , peeled and chopped
- 6 cups low-sodium vegetable broth , or chicken broth
- 4 cups packed baby spinach
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tbsp chives , chopped
- Heat butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add leeks and sauté for 5 min or until softened. Add garlic and sauté for 1 min longer. Add potatoes and stock, turn heat to high and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 min or until vegetables are very soft and flavours are combined. Add spinach and cook for 1 min or until wilted. Let cool for a few min.
- Transfer soup in batches to a blender and purée until smooth. Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Serve with a spoonful of yogurt overtop and sprinkle with chives.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 4 g,
- 29 g,
- 7 g,
- 4 g,
- 253 mg.