Easy Pumpkin Buns
This article has not been rated yet.
You can make these in the morning, then pop them back into the oven to reheat while the turkey is being dismantled.
- 1 cup pumpkin purée , (canned or homemade)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- sunflower seeds , or pumpkin seeds for sprinkling
- Measure the pumpkin puree, milk and vegetable oil into a large bowl, hand a large spoon to your young assistant (or your sluggish sister-in-law) and have her stir the mixture until combined.
- In a smaller bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the pumpkin mixture, stirring just until everything is moistened.
- Spoon the batter into a well-greased muffin pan, filling the cups almost to the top. Have your helper sprinkle the tops with sunflower or pumpkin seeds.
- Bake at 400°F (200°C) for 12 to 15 minutes, or until very lightly browned on top.