Here’s a classic formula for a creamy, tasty and healthy smoothie. The bonus? Since it’s a formula, you can make it your own by using whichever berries you and your family like most. You can also substitute ½ cup vanilla soy beverage for the milk and yogurt.
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt , 1.1 or 2%
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 banana , broken into 3 pieces
- 1 cup frozen sliced strawberries , blueberries, or mixed berries
- 1 tsp brown sugar , optional
- Place yogurt and milk in blender. Top with banana, then berries. Set blender to purée and pulse until smooth. You may need to scrape down sides and stir occasionally. If very thick, thin with a bit more milk. Taste and add brown sugar, if you like. Serve immediately.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 5 g,
- 25 g,
- 2 g,
- 2 g,