5 dozen servings
These ginger crinkles are a tasty spiced spin on the classic chocolate crinkles.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4-1/2 tsp ground allspice
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup fancy molasses
- more granulated sugar , for rolling
- In a large bowl, stir flour with ginger, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, salt and allspice.
- In another bowl, whisk oil with sugar. Whisk in egg until evenly mixed, then molasses. Add to flour mixture, stirring to mix evenly.
- Place on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet, leaving 1 in (2.5 cm) between balls, as cookies spread during baking.
- Bake in preheated 375°F (190°C) oven until crisp around the edges but still slightly soft on top, 7-10 minutes. They will be cracked on top and golden brown on the bottom. Cool completely on a wire rack. Store in an airtight container up to 10 days.
- To make ahead: Prepare dough and refrigerate dough up to 5 days; roll and bake as needed. Or freeze baked cookies up to 1 month.
- Makes about 5 dozen cookies.
- In 1 cookie: 72 calories, 1 g protein, 3 g fat, 11 g carbs