Peanutty Baked Chicken
By Eshun Mott
* PLUS Cooking time: 25 minutes
Photo: Maya Visnyei
Kids will love this peanutty baked chicken breast recipe, suggested by reader Christine Hayes of Petitcodiac, NB. Use tahini if there are peanut allergies in the family.
1 1/2 lb.
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Scrape peanut butter into a bowl and slowly whisk in lemon juice and soy sauce (it will seize up at first but then thin out). Whisk in brown sugar, cayenne and add water to thin slightly. Measure out 1⁄2 cup of peanut sauce and toss with chicken breasts to coat.
- Lay chicken on prepared baking sheet and bake for 25 min or until cooked through.
- Slice chicken and serve with remaining marinade for dipping.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 45 g,
- 10 g,
- 15 g,
- 2 g,
- 336 mg.
Peanut-free household? Sesame-based tahini makes a good substitute for peanut butter.
Originally published in the Today’s Parent April 2014 issue.