Beef and Veg Stroganoff
This article has not been rated yet.
Classic stroganoff is made with mushrooms, so we've made a kid-friendly beef and veg stroganoff for you. Feel free to substitute chicken or pork for beef too. If you have parsley or green onions, let the kids snip them with scissors and sprinkle overtop to give this dish that final flourish!
1 to 2
sirloin beef strips
, to taste
, to taste
1 1/4 cups
, thinly sliced
3/4 to 1 cup
regular or light
- In a small bowl, stir Worcestershire with hot sauce and cornstarch until cornstarch is dissolved. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Season beef with salt and pepper. Add half the meat and stir-fry until cooked through, 3-4 minutes. Remove to a plate. Repeat with remaining meat.
- Add broth, tomato paste, garlic and thyme to pan, stirring any brown bits from bottom. Bring to a boil. Add carrots and simmer, covered, until nearly tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add peas and Worcestershire mixture. Stir continuously until boiling and thickened. Return meat to pan and heat through. Remove pan from heat and stir in as much sour cream as you’d like. Serve over extra-broad egg noodles.
- In a serving: 309 calories, 29.6 g protein, 14.1 g fat, 15.3 g carbohydrates, 2.5 g dietary fibre, 4.6 mg iron, 6.3 mg zinc