Originally published in the Today’s Parent May 2016 issue. Photo by Roberto Caruso.
Lemon-Strawberry Mug CakeBy Chatelaine
A soft, spongy, not-too-sweet cake that takes a two-minute spin in the microwave? Genius. (Now tell the kids to go make it for you.)
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1 tsp grated lemon zest
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 strawberry , finely chopped
- sliced strawberries , (optional)
- icing sugar , (optional)
- Spray a large microwave-safe mug with oil.
- Combine flour with sugar and baking powder in a small bowl. Stir in egg, oil, lemon zest and juice. Gently fold in chopped strawberries. Scrape into prepared mug.
- Microwave on high for 2 min. Remove and let stand for 5 min. Garnish with strawberry slices and sifted icing sugar, if desired.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 9 g,
- 57 g,
- 33 g,
- 1 g,
- 143 mg.