Fluffy Breakfast Puffs
This article has not been rated yet.
4 to 4 servings
Sorry about the name, I couldn't resist. Great for eating on the run because the eggs don't fall off.
- 4 English muffins , split and toasted
- 1/2 cup cooked sausage , or bacon, chopped (optional)
- 4 eggs , separated
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp mustard , (Dijon, if you have it)
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar
- Arrange the toasted English muffin halves on a cookie sheet. Have your helper sprinkle the muffins with the chopped sausage or bacon – dividing the amount more or less equally among the muffins. Don’t want to use sausage or bacon? Try some chopped green onion, tomato, mushroom or a spoonful of salsa, or just leave it out altogether.
- In a medium bowl, beat the egg whites with an electric mixer until stiff but not dry. In another bowl, beat the yolks with the Worcestershire sauce and the mustard. Add the yolk mixture to the beaten whites, folding them together gently with a rubber spatula. Now fold in the cheese.
- Have your child spoon the egg mixture onto each of the English muffin halves, mounding it up to use up all of the egg. Bake at 350°F (180°C) for 15 minutes, until golden brown and nicely puffed.