Photo: Courtesy of @em_henderson via Instagram
Not only are these celebrity nurseries probably bigger than your first apartment, they're also (not surprisingly) very stylish and functional, too. Here are eight Instagram posts that prove that celebrities' babies are living the life.
1. Coca Rocha: Trés cool Coca intentionally abandoned the idea of a themed nursery deeming it "so '90s." Instead, she focused on contrasting colours and patterns to stimulate her daughter Iona's imagination.
Why we love it: It's terribly chic but still cozy enough to curl up with her babe. Plus, the style can totally grow with Iona.
2. Ellen Pompeo: Colourful whimsy For Sienna May's room, mom Ellen worked with celeb designer Martyn-Lawrence Bullard to create a very cheerful space. They painted the walls white to brighten the room and added sculptural, feathered artwork to the wall as a focal point. Plus, look at those hanging coloured lanterns (a great budget idea you can steal).
Why we love it: It's refreshing to see how she bucked the white crib trend and chose this stunning fuchsia statement maker. But we wonder if she trips over those sheep in the middle of the night...
3. Jillian Harris: Happy and bright Our favourite Canadian design mom has reworked her serene grey-and-white nursery for her son, Leo. It's very playful without feeling overly kiddish. And you could spend hours in that chair.
Why we love it: She kept the space very neutral until she spent some time with the sweet occupant and realized how important colour was to decorating the space for Leo. The layers of textiles—including that stunning quilt—will soften noises and make it easy to sneak out without waking him.
4. Tiffani-Amber Thiessen: Beautiful blue When you team up with superstar designer Christiane Lemieux, good things happen. The dark walls in this room contrast with crisp white furnishings for a nursery that feels bold and tranquil at the same time.
Why we love it: This look is totally achievable on a budget with basic white furniture and a few cans of blue paint.
5. Emily Henderson: Eclectic beauty Celebrity design blogger Emily Henderson came up with the concept for this nursery for her daughter Elliot from the stunning forest wallpaper. She mixed new items with thrift finds for a very stylish and Insta-worthy space.
Why we love it: The daybed means there is space for a parent to sleep (or at least feign restfulness) through those long nights with a newborn.
6. Eva Amurri Martino: Striking safari Actress (and daughter of Susan Sarandon) Eva Amurri does not shy away from patterns in this playful baby room. It's true: Sometimes a theme can feel cliché, but this safari theme hits the right balance.
Why we love it: This room is actually quite functional, with little nooks—like the rocking chair with side table—where everything is at your fingertips.
7. Rachel Zoe: Office positive When celeb stylist Rachel Zoe opened a workplace nursery for her staff, it could have been an old crib in the corner cubicle and we still would have loved the idea. But check out how adorable and cozy this little space is. The wall quilt, shag rug and crafty artwork transform any office vibes, letting babies feel right at home.
Why we love it: Because Rachel says, "I wanted to create an environment where these new mothers wouldn’t have to make a choice between career and motherhood." High five, Rachel.
8. Willa Ford: Boho babe A suspended wicker rocker and black velvet drapes may not have been on your nursery Pinterest board, but they are now. You could pull existing items from your home to create this look—nothing about it is really baby-specific, yet it totally works.
Why we love it: You can't see it here, but there is a TV mounted on the wall for long breastfeeding or snuggling sessions. Now it just needs a mini fridge! Plus, that walkout terrace is pretty fabulous.