THE OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
The Joe Fresh Back To School Contest
These Official Rules govern the Contest. By participating or attempting to participate in the Contest, you will be deemed to have received, understood, and agreed to these Official Rules.
1. Who are the sponsors? The Contest is sponsored and administered by Rogers Communications Inc. or one of its subsidiaries or their affiliates (“Rogers”) Today’s Parent.
The following entities are co-sponsors of the Contest: Loblaw Companies Limited
Rogers and any co-sponsors of the Contest are referred to collectively or individually as the “Sponsors”.
Although the Contest may be communicated, promoted, or administered by means of a third party social media or social networking service or site (a “Third Party Service”), the Contest is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, any Third Party Service; any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Contest should be directed to Rogers and not to any Third Party Service.
2. Who may enter the contest? The Contest is open only to residents of Canada (excluding residents of Quebec) who have reached the age of majority in their province or territory of residence as of the date of entry.
The following individuals are not eligible to enter the Contest:
3. When does the contest start/end? You may enter the Contest between 9:00am on August 28th, 2017 and 11:59pm on September 24th, 2017 (“Entry Period”). All times referenced in these Official Rules are Eastern Time Zone.
4. How do I enter the contest? No purchase is necessary to enter the Contest.
Social media – Instagram To enter the Contest, log into your Instagram account during the Entry Period (note: must be a valid, public account) and upload a post that (i) contains a picture of your child on his or her first day of school and (ii) includes the hashtag #FreshForFirstDay, and (iii) tags @joefresh and @todaysparent.
5. How many times may I enter the contest? There is a limit of one entry per person Instagram account. By way of illustration, if two or more otherwise eligible individuals share a single account, only one of them may enter the Contest; and, if an eligible individual has multiple accounts, he or she may only enter the Contest once in respect of only one of those accounts. Anyone found to be using multiple accounts to participate will be disqualified.
6. Could my entry be refused or rejected? Your entry could be refused or rejected if:
In addition, the Sponsors reserve the right to refuse any entry for any other reason as they may determine.
7. What are the conditions of entry? By entering the Contest:
8. What are the contest prizes? There is one (1) prize available to be won in the Contest, consisting of Joe Fresh Gift Card valued at CDN $1,000.
Any winner is solely responsible for coordinating use of the prize and for all taxes, fees, and expenses not otherwise set forth herein. Prize may be subject to additional terms and conditions as imposed by issuer.
Are there any prize conditions? In addition to any prize conditions provided elsewhere in these Official Rules, any prize awarded in the Contest is subject to the following conditions:
9. How will the potential winner(s) be selected? On October 2nd at approximately 12:00PM in Toronto, Ontario, Rogers will conduct a random draw from among all eligible entries received. For each prize to be awarded pursuant to these Official Rules, one entrant will be randomly selected as a potential winner and notified using the information provided at the time of entry. In the event any potential winner does not respond to such notification within three (3) business days, declines a prize for any reason, or does not meet the requirements set forth in these Official Rules, as determined by the Sponsors, the potential winner will be disqualified and, time permitting, an alternate potential winner may be randomly selected from among remaining eligible entries, or the prize may be cancelled.
10. How can a potential winner become a winner? To be declared a winner, a potential winner:
11. What are the odds of winning a prize? The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
12. How do I claim a prize? Once a potential winner is confirmed as a winner, prize distribution will be promptly coordinated.
Except as otherwise indicated by the Sponsors, a winner must personally take delivery of the prize as instructed within thirty (30) days of being notified that such prize is available or within such other time period as may reasonably be advised.
If a winner fails to take delivery of the prize as instructed, the prize will be deemed forfeited.
13. Will I appear in any publicity if I am a winner? If you are a winner, the Sponsors may require you to appear in publicity related to the Contest or to any similar contest.
By accepting a prize:
Your personal information may be disclosed to a third party in the following circumstances:
15. How do the releasees limit their liability? The Releasees assume no liability for the following:
16. What laws apply to the contest? The laws of the province or territory in which you reside apply to the Contest.
Any attempt to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal or civil laws. Should any such attempt be made, the Sponsors reserve the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
17. Can the sponsors cancel or amend the contest? The Sponsors may cancel, modify, or suspend the Contest or amend these Official Rules for any reason whatsoever, subject to prior approval by the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux, if legally required. For example, if for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned, the Sponsors may adjust any of the dates, timeframes or other Contest mechanics, or suspend or cancel the Contest.
You may not amend these Official Rules in any way.
18. Would the sponsors ever disqualify or ban someone from a contest? The Sponsors may disqualify without notice or ban someone from the Contest or any future contest for any other reason, including if the Sponsors find that a person has:
19. What happens if these official rules contradict other contest materials? In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between these Official Rules and disclosures or statements made by the Sponsors or appearing in other Contest-related materials, these Official Rules shall govern.
20. What happens if part of these official rules becomes unenforceable or does not apply? If any part of these Official Rules is legally unenforceable or inapplicable, then that part will be deemed invalid; however, the remainder of these Official Rules will otherwise continue to be legally binding.