1. Amazing Party & Costume Store As the name suggests, this sprawling 12,000-foot space is a pretty amazing spot for all things Halloween. With wall-to-wall costumes and decor, there's something for the whole family. Need a few accessories to complete your look? You're in luck—there are literally walls filled with wigs, masks, temporary tattoos and boas. Your little Jedi will love the massive selection of Star Wars items. Have a couple of Minions fans in your crew? Check out the wide selection of costumes for both kids and adults. From poodle skirts to Angry Birds, be sure to shop early for the best selection (plus, they have an annual September sale - 15% off all costumes!). If you're pressed for time, the online store is a quick and easy one-stop shop. Kids' costumes generally range from $30-$70.
923 Oxford St., Toronto, 80 Queen Elizabeth Blvd, 416-259-5959 amazingpartystore.com
2. Marcucci Costume Studios After more than 20 years in the biz, it's safe to assume this family-run joint knows a thing or two about dressing up. They've got gear for the whole family and an easy-to-navigate website where you can shop around for ideas. Not interested in purchasing an elaborate costume you may never wear again? Marcucci provides an option for costume rentals and plenty of fun accessories to spruce up a homemade get-up. Open year-round, Milton's only costume shop is a great spot for birthday parties, too.
885 Main St. E. Unit 1., Milton, 905-878-1504 marcuccistudios.com
3. Hollywood Tickle Trunk You know you're in the right spot when a costume store's motto is: "Stop looking, we've got it!" With more than 10,000 costumes and props (not to mention more than 700 hats), it's a good bet this will be your one-stop Halloween shop. If your little ghoul has something specific in mind that they don't have in-store, Hollywood Tickle Trunk specializes in custom orders and can deliver anywhere in Ontario.
5596 Ambler Dr., Mississauga, 905-212-7772 hollywoodtickletrunk.ca
4. Candy's Costume Shop If your little monster is on the fence about what they want to be this year, a trip to Candy's will surely inspire them for years to come. With hundreds of kids' costumes—ranging from humorous get-ups (hot dogs and tacos!) to period pieces (Grease, regal royalty and hippies) and go-to faves like superheroes and spooky ghouls—Candy's is also well-stocked in professional makeup to help with face painting application. If a creepy prop is what you're after, you're in luck. The store is packed with fake fingers, bubbling cauldrons, bleeding brains and vats of fake blood.
685 Mount Pleasant Rd., Toronto, 416-487-5794 candyscostumeshoponline.com
5. Malabar Are you ready to outfit your whole family? This Toronto staple was originally established 115 years ago in Winnipeg. Among the racks of costumes, wigs and tiaras, you'll still find a slew of current baby and kid costumes like the ever-popular characters from Frozen and Adventure Time. Known for hiring showbiz pros, the helpful staff are fluent in all things makeup and costumes and are eager to help you select a costume, accessories, props or decide on a rental.
14 McCaul St., Toronto, 416-598-2581 malabar.net
6. Theatrix Costume House If you're looking to rent a wow-worthy costume, look no further than Theatrix, the 51-year-old Toronto shop that stocks over 50,000 musical theatre, historical and character costumes. Primarily catering to the film-and-television industry, the shop has a retail section where customers can purchase prepackaged costumes, makeup, Venetian masks, magic wands and animal ears. The idea board on site is regularly updated and offers inspiration and shopping tips.
61 Elm Grove Avenue, Toronto., 416-977-3113 theatrixcostumehouse.com
7. Hollywood Costumes An old-time boutique with high-quality offerings for kids and adults, you'll find everything from Elizabethan get-ups to Harry Potter to Star Wars. The shop is a treasure trove of pretty goodies, including vintage looks. Mannequins stand guard over the showroom, dressed to the nines in film-quality costumes like the Evil Queen from Snow White, Glinda the Good Witch from The Wizard of Oz and even a hulking Stormtrooper. If you're in the market for a few accessories, they've got you covered. There's a wall of wigs and plenty of small accoutrements, like Spock's pointed ears.
7718 Yonge St., Toronto, 905-882-4863 hollywoodcostumes.ca
8. Reflections Vintage & Antiques Think back to a time before costumes came from plastic packages and instead were crafted by finding odds and ends in your parents' closet, or the chest of old clothes downstairs. Creativity was required to formulate the perfect get-up, and it was a lot more exciting. Just after Labour Day weekend, Reflections, a vintage and antiques shop, hauls out their thrift-store Halloween goods so shoppers have ample time to find the perfect costume. The staff are helpful and knowledgeable and can help to piece together just the right items. There are vintage accessories galore for adding the final touch to your own homemade guise.
839 Gerrard St. E., Toronto, 416-944-0333 reflectionsvintagetoronto.com
9. It's My Party Known for having the largest selection of Halloween merchandise in Toronto (guys, they have walls and walls and walls of masks!), this year-round party supply store has a slew of costumes for everyone from toddlers to parents. Specializing in all things creepy and spooky, the knowledgeable staff are eager to help customers find the perfect costume, accessories, and even props to deck out their home for the scary season.
2208 Danforth Ave., Toronto, 416-469-2223 itsmyparty.com
10. Bumbleberry Kids Perfect for folks who don't want to spend an arm and a leg outfitting their family for Halloween, this Leslieville used-clothing shop offers gently-used costumes (and clothes) for kiddos 12 years old and up. It's a small but friendly shop with warm, helpful staff that are happy to help you find exactly what you're looking for.
1584 Queen St. E., Toronto, 416-691-5556