All City of Calgary outdoor pools have a lifeguard on duty. For your hungry tots, there are concession stands for snacking throughout the day, however some are cash only. Lockers are available and are either coin operated (a quarter) or you can bring your own lock. Change rooms are on site with showers and washrooms. As an added bonus, all Calgary outdoor pools offer swimming lessons!
1. Bowview Outdoor Pool Bowview is home to two awesome pools. Their wading pool is the perfect depth for little swimmers, who can practice blowing bubbles and floating. There's also a mushroom water spray feature to keep your tot cool and help her get used to the water. The main pool is a six-lane lap pool, perfect for your future Olympic swimmer to get some practice in. After she's done with her breaststroke, she can zip down the waterslide. Calabunga!
Go play: 1910 6 Avenue N.W. 403-221-3571 calgaryoutdoorpools.ca
2. Forest Lawn Outdoor Pool Bring sunscreen and a big hat because your family is going to want to enjoy a whole day at this pool. Your little guppie has a whole wading pool to enjoy, complete with zero-depth entry so she can tiptoe into the water. Your big kid can cannonball into the main pool before doing a few laps (there are eight lanes) or practicing treading water in the deep end. Oh, and we can't forget the waterslide. Concession stand is cash only.
Go play: 1706 39 Street S.E. 403-221-3573 or 403-221-3595 calgaryoutdoorpools.ca
3. Millican Ogden Outdoor Pool There's only one pool at this location, but there are two waterslides. Yes, two! Catch your little one as he splashes into the water on the mini-slide. Your big fish will definitely want to swoosh down the larger slide. Double the fun! And did we mention this pool is heated—perfect for wee swimmers who just don't want to get out of the water.
Go play: 2094 - 69th Avenue S.E. 403-221-3598 calgaryoutdoorpools.ca
4. Mount Pleasant Outdoor Pool Want to spend a day playing Marco Polo and Motorboat? Then this is the pool for your family. There are no swimming lanes at Mount Pleasant, making it the perfect place for some water fun, not practicing the kids' front stroke. After a few rounds of play, the kids will want to zip down the waterslide. The pool is divided into a shallow end and a deep end, so it's a safe place for kids both big and small.
Go play: 2310 6 Street N.W. 403-221-4288 calgaryoutdoorpools.ca
5. South Calgary Outdoor Pool
Red light! Green light! If you're looking for a pool where your swimmer can spread out, then South Calgary is for you. The t-shaped pool has a divided shallow and deep end. Your little kid can practice kicking in the shallow end, while big kids can swim laps in the deep end. And take a few trips down the waterslide. Woohoo!
Go play: 3130 16 Street S.W. 403-221-3513 calgaryoutdoorpools.ca
6. Stanley Park Outdoor Pool There's lots of water fun to be had at Stanley Park. There are two pools—a big kid pool and a wading pool. The main pool is eight lanes, with a shallow end and a waterslide. So fun! For your tiny tot, there's a whole wading pool for bubble blowing and splish-splashing. A zero-depth entry allows you and your kid to slowly get wet. There are also five spray nozzles that sprinkle your kids with water—perfect if they don't like going all the way in, but still want to get wet.
Go play: 4100 1A Street S.W. 403-221-3577 calgaryoutdoorpools.ca