What’s a safari without binoculars? To make these fun specs, follow these steps:
1. Paint two toilet paper rolls white.
2. Let dry before painting on some spots.
3. Stick the tubes together with hot glue.
4. Braid your desired length of baker’s twine (keep in mind, braiding will shorten the length) and knot at the ends.
5. Glue ends of braided twine to tubes.
Field glasses up!
A version of this article originally appeared in our June 2016 issue with the headline “Jungle Party,” p. 20.No Comments