1. Fort Garry Lion’s Outdoor Pool Stay cool this summer at Fort Garry Lion’s pool—it's the perfect spot for kiddies to splash around! Little fishies (and their parents) will appreciate the toddler-friendly wading pool. After working up an appetite, find a shady spot under the trees to lounge and enjoy a picnic lunch.
Go play: 969 Dowker Ave., Winnipeg 204-986-2800 winnipeg.ca
2. Kildonan Park Outdoor Pool Watch your little daredevil climb up the stairs and, after a moment of awe, zoom down the twisty slide. Yahoo! After your big kid splashes into the pool, you can take your tiny tot over to the adjacent wading pool. If swimming's not her thing, check out the splash pad, where she can run through a giant frog and get soaked under the spraying grasshopper. Don't forget to pack a picnic lunch. Both the pool and the picnic-area are wheelchair accessible.
Go play: 2015 Main St., Winnipeg 204-986-6988 winnipeg.ca
3. Westdale Outdoor Pool This recently refurbished pool got a few upgrades designed to keep your tots safe. There’s a shallow-end beach entry for young ones and a deep-end climbing wall for the older kids who want to slowly enter the pool. There’s plenty of room for your little one to play in the wading pool and spray pad. And after a busy morning, enjoy a little picnic by the park benches.
Go play: 550 Dale Blvd., Winnipeg 204-986-5568 winnipeg.ca
4. Freighthouse Outdoor Pool Take the wee ones to this outdoor spot and they will be in awe of the dragon! OK, the dragon isn't real, but it's pretty awesome. The massive water-breathing dragon is a part of the splash pad. After splishing and splashing, kids can check out the pool. This is one long pool, so tweens can swim competitive laps and toddlers can splash around with mom and dad. There's also a suntan area on deck, where the whole family can dry off in the sun. Just be sure to pack lots of sunscreen!
Go play: 200 Isabel St., Winnipeg 204-986-5385 winnipeg.ca
5. Norwood Outdoor Pool Little swimmers will love this outdoor spot. There's a small slide that's the perfect size for them to swoosh down into mom or dad's arms. The big kids' pool is perfect for endless rounds of Marco Polo, swimming and snorkelling. Be sure to pack lots of water toys and goggles. Plus, there's a shaded toddler paddle pool, where your pint-size kid can splash and kick to her heart's content. Barbecues are on site, as well as a kiosk.
Go play: 87 Walmer St., Winnipeg winnipeg.ca
6. Windsor Park Outdoor Pool Motorboat, motorboat, go so slow! There's lots of room for water games at this pool, so make sure to play Motorboat and Marco Polo with the kids. Keep all your clothes dry by storing them in the on-site baskets. There are also showers for rinsing off before and after swims. And bring a picnic basket so you can enjoy a leisurely lunch—and maybe even a nap—on the lawn.
Go play: 333 Speers Rd., Winnipeg winnipeg.ca