1. Kids Market Adventure Zone If you can’t convince your kids (ages three and older) to come with you to pick up some toys, books, clothes or games at this two-level shopping centre for children on Granville Island, then you’ll definitely entice them with the old-fashioned arcade and the two-storey ballroom maze. There's also a free outdoor water park located right next door, though it's not officially connected with Kids Market. So take advantage of this free park, which is typically open from the May long weekend through to Labour Day weekend.
Kids Market Adventure Zone 1496 Cartwright St., Vancouver 604-608-6699
2. Captain Kid's Family Fun Centre This indoor playground, located in the Langley Sportsplex, caters to kids from one to 12 years old. The smallest climbers can hang out in the separate toddler area, where they can clamber about and build towers with the soft climbing toys. Older kids can zoom down the 60-foot triple slide or have a blast in the crocodile pit. Parents will love that this fun zone only costs $4 per kid.
Go play: Captain Kid's Family Fun Centre 20165 91A Ave., Langley 604-882-2119
3. The Great Escape Kids of all ages can try their hand at 3D glow-in-the dark golf, run around the four-storey jungle-themed play structure (complete with tons of slides and climbing challenges), and show off their moves on an interactive game floor. Younger kids will have just as much fun in the ocean-themed toddler play area. The Great Escape also offers a two-level laser tag experience. Make sure to grab a snack in the kid-friendly Coba Café.
Go play: The Great Escape 20645 Langley Bypass, unit 105, Langley 604-530-1400
4. Koko's Activity Centre This four-storey soft-play area has climbing tunnels, trolley glides, a mini climbing wall, spiral slide, speed slide and much more. There’s a separate spot for little ones three and younger, with a slide, activity panels, blocks and a mini carousel. Moms and dads can keep an eye on their wee ones from the parents’ lounge (located on an open upper balcony) and everyone can enjoy snacks in the café. Best for kids age three months to 12 years.
Koko's Activity Centre 3210 St. Johns St., Port Moody 604-469-3357
5. Go Bananas Go Bananas is the perfect playground for little monkeys. This indoor play centre has locations in North Vancouver, Langley, Richmond, Surrey and Chilliwack and is great for kids from ages one to 12. The jungle-themed playground has lots of tunnels, slides and bridges for kids to explore. Older kids will love zooming through the jungle on the zip line. And there's even a climbing wall shaped like a waterfall. Toddlers have their own separate space filled with soft toys and slides for them to enjoy. Plus, awesome ride-along toys like a train for your mini conductor to try out. Parents can join in on the fun or relax on the comfy couches—which are of course green to match the jungle theme.
Go Bananas #200, 935 Marine Drive, North Vancouver 604-982-0576 19685 Willowbrook Drive, Langley 604-