This article has not been rated yet.
- 8 to 10 servings
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- 1 leek, white and light green parts only, sliced
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 Yukon gold potato, diced
- 2 tsp (10 mL) curry powder
- 6 cups (1.5 L) low-sodium
- chicken stock
- 796 ml can pumpkin
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lemon juice
- 375 ml can 2% evaporated milk
- salt and ground pepper to taste
- pinches of nutmeg (optional)
- whole wheat croutons (optional)
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium. Add leek and celery, and sauté, stirring often, for 4 minutes or until soft and fragrant, but not browned.
- Add potatoes and curry powder, and sauté for another minute. Add stock, pumpkin and lemon juice; stir to combine and bring to a boil. Reduce to simmer and cook, covered, for 12-14 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
- Stir in milk and cook until heated through. Season with salt and pepper. If you wish, serve each bowl of soup with a pinch of nutmeg and a sprinkle of croutons.
- Makes 8-10 servings.
- In a serving: 117 calories, 6 g protein, 4 g fat, 16 g carbs, 3 g dietary fibre