This article has not been rated yet.
- 8 to 10 servings
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- 1 leek, white and light green parts only, sliced
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 Yukon gold potato, diced
- 2 tsp (10 mL) curry powder
- 6 cups (1.5 L) low-sodium
- chicken stock
- 796 ml can pumpkin
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lemon juice
- 375 ml can 2% evaporated milk
- salt and ground pepper to taste
- pinches of nutmeg (optional)
- whole wheat croutons (optional)
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium. Add leek and celery, and sauté, stirring often, for 4 minutes or until soft and fragrant, but not browned.
- Add potatoes and curry powder, and sauté for another minute. Add stock, pumpkin and lemon juice; stir to combine and bring to a boil. Reduce to simmer and cook, covered, for 12-14 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
- Stir in milk and cook until heated through. Season with salt and pepper. If you wish, serve each bowl of soup with a pinch of nutmeg and a sprinkle of croutons.
- Makes 8-10 servings.
- In a serving: 117 calories, 6 g protein, 4 g fat, 16 g carbs, 3 g dietary fibre
Introducing the My Family App
Enter your due date or your kid’s birth date to get a customized newsfeed of tips, recipes, developmental advice and health information, plus handy tools like the Nap Tracker and Potty Pal. You’ll love our Storybook feature, which turns your favourite moments into digital scrapbooks.