This article has not been rated yet.
- 12 Muffins
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, chilled
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 2 tbsp milk
Want to curb your sweet tooth? These mini muffins will do just that! They’re also a great way to spend some time in the kitchen with your kids.
- Move an oven rack to the bottom third of the oven and preheat to 425 degrees. Line 1 muffin tin with 12 liners.
- In a small bowl, microwave 4 tbsp butter and the maple syrup at high power until melted, about 30 seconds.
- In a small bowl, mix together 1/3 cup granulated sugar, brown sugar, and cinnamon.
- In a food processor, combine the flour, baking powder, the remaining 2 tbsp of granulated sugar, and salt. Pulse until well combined. Cut the remaining butter into small pieces and pulse together until the mixture resembles bread crumbs.
- Pulse in the buttermilk until the dough comes together.
- Transfer to a floured work surface, and pat dough into a 10″ square. Use a pizza cutter or sharp knife to quarter the dough, then cut each quarter into 16 equal pieces. Roll into balls.
- Dip each ball in the maple butter, then the sugar mixture. Place 4-5 coated balls into each muffin cup press down gently.
- Tent the muffin tin with tin foil and bake until cooked through and golden, about 15-17 minutes.
- Mix together confectioners sugar and milk to make the glaze. While the muffins are still warm, drizzle the glaze over the muffins. Serve warm.
Photo and recipe courtesy of www.ericasweettooth.com