( 1 rating )
- 4 to 4 servings
- ½ fresh pineapple, cut into ½ in (1 cm) chunks (4 cups/1 L)
- 4 medium red apples, cored and cut into ½ in (1 cm) chunks (4 cups/1 L)
- 1 cup (250 mL) red seedless grapes, halved
- 2 tsp (10 mL) poppy seeds
- ¾ cup (175 mL) orange or pineapple juice
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) water
- 2 tsp (10 mL) cornstarch
- ½ cup (125 mL) plain or fruit yogurt (optional)
- In a large bowl, toss together the pineapple chunks, apple chunks, grapes and poppy seeds. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine the orange or pineapple juice, butter and sugar. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Lower the heat to a simmer. In a small bowl, stir together the cornstarch and the water, then whisk into the simmering juice mixture and continue to cook, stirring constantly until the mixture becomes glossy and thickens. Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature.
- Add cooled juice mixture to the fruit mixture and toss until everything is evenly coated. Stir in optional yogurt if you want a creamy dressing. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
Introducing the My Family App
Enter your due date or your kid’s birth date to get a customized newsfeed of tips, recipes, developmental advice and health information, plus handy tools like the Nap Tracker and Potty Pal. You’ll love our Storybook feature, which turns your favourite moments into digital scrapbooks.