( 1 rating )
- 36 to 36 servings
- 2 cups (500 mL) finely chopped peppers, about 2 small, preferably a mix of colours
- 1 small plum tomato, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- 1/8 tsp (0.5 mL) salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 2 tsp (10 mL) juice from lemon
- 6 small whole wheat tortillas
- 4 tsp (20 mL) vegetable oil
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- In a medium bowl, stir peppers and tomato with oil, salt, pepper and lemon juice. Let stand, allowing flavours to blend. If made ahead, salsa will keep well, covered and refrigerated, up to 1 day.
- Arrange racks at top and bottom thirds of oven; preheat to 400ºF (200ºC). Cut each tortilla into 6 wedges. Generously brush or spray with oil. Set on 2 baking sheets; sprinkle with salt. Bake until lightly golden around edges, 5-7 minutes (switch bottom- and top-rack sheets halfway through baking).
- Let cool before serving with salsa.
Nutrition (per Serving)
- 6 g
- 14 mg
- 2 mg
- Extra nutrients info2
- 121 g
Introducing the My Family App
Enter your due date or your kid’s birth date to get a customized newsfeed of tips, recipes, developmental advice and health information, plus handy tools like the Nap Tracker and Potty Pal. You’ll love our Storybook feature, which turns your favourite moments into digital scrapbooks.