( 4 ratings )
- 6 to 8 Servings
- 1 cup butter or margarine
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 12 cups dry bread cubes (you can bake them in the oven until crisp)
- 1 tsp poultry seasoning
- 1 1/2 tsp dried sage
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp dried marjoram
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 4 1/2 cups chicken broth (might not need all of it)
- 2 eggs, beaten
By Cara- Ladybug Mom
This is one of those recipes that is used over and over again in my house for every holiday I make turkey. If you don’t like stuffing your turkey, this is the next best thing!
- Melt butter or margarine in a skillet over medium heat. Saute onion & celery, in butter, stirring frequently.
- Spoon cooked vegetables over bread cubes in a very large mixing bowl. Season with poultry seasoning, sage, thyme, marjoram and salt and pepper. Pour in enough broth to moisten,(might not need all 4-1/2 cups) and mix in eggs. Transfer mixture to slow cooker, and cover.
- Cook on High for 45 minutes, then reduce heat to Low, and cook for 4 to 8 hours.
** Note, for most slow cooker recipes it’s not advised to lift the cover, it is recommended for this one to stir occasionally to alleviate sticking.