This article has not been rated yet.
- 12 servings
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) milk
- 1 cup (250 mL) any kind of cheese except processed, shredded
- 1 cup (250 mL) any cooked vegetable or meat or both – broccoli, spinach, carrots, zucchini, bacon, ham, whatever, finely chopped
- 12 small (3-inch/7 cm) unbaked tart shells, homemade or frozen
- In a large bowl, beat together the eggs with the milk until foamy. Add the shredded cheese and chopped cooked vegetables (or whatever) and mix until thoroughly combined. If you have a food processor, process the eggs and milk first, then add the cheese and vegetables afterwards—but be careful to chop, not puree. Season with salt and pepper.
- Have your child spoon the filling (carefully!) into the tart shells, dividing it evenly between them.
- Bake quiches at 350°F (180°F)for 20 minutes, until puffed in the middle and very lightly browned.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.