This article has not been rated yet.
- 12 servings
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) milk
- 1 cup (250 mL) any kind of cheese except processed, shredded
- 1 cup (250 mL) any cooked vegetable or meat or both – broccoli, spinach, carrots, zucchini, bacon, ham, whatever, finely chopped
- 12 small (3-inch/7 cm) unbaked tart shells, homemade or frozen
- In a large bowl, beat together the eggs with the milk until foamy. Add the shredded cheese and chopped cooked vegetables (or whatever) and mix until thoroughly combined. If you have a food processor, process the eggs and milk first, then add the cheese and vegetables afterwards—but be careful to chop, not puree. Season with salt and pepper.
- Have your child spoon the filling (carefully!) into the tart shells, dividing it evenly between them.
- Bake quiches at 350°F (180°F)for 20 minutes, until puffed in the middle and very lightly browned.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.
Introducing the My Family App
Enter your due date or your kid’s birth date to get a customized newsfeed of tips, recipes, developmental advice and health information, plus handy tools like the Nap Tracker and Potty Pal. You’ll love our Storybook feature, which turns your favourite moments into digital scrapbooks.