( 225 ratings )
- 50 servings
- 3 cups (750 mL) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 can (300 mL) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla
- Before you do anything else, line a 9×13 inch (22×33 cm) baking pan with waxed paper and set it aside for later.
- In a heavy saucepan, combine the chocolate chips and the condensed milk. Melt them together over low heat, stirring once in a while, until smooth. Stir in the vanilla. If you prefer to use the microwave for this, combine the chocolate chips and the condensed milk in a microwave-safe bowl, and zap the mixture on high power for about 3 minutes, stirring a few times, until smoothly melted, then stir in the vanilla.
- Pour the mixture into the lined pan, spreading it evenly and smoothing the top. Put it in the fridge until it solidifies in about an hour. Don’t forget to solicit your assistant’s help in licking the spoon.
- When the fudge is set, run a knife around the edge of the pan, then turn it over so that the fudge dumps out onto a cutting board. Peel off the paper. Using a little heart-shaped cutter, have your eager helper cut the fudge into lots of little hearts. The scraps can be eaten for extra energy while you work.