( 3 ratings )
- 4 servings
- 4 slices prosciutto or deli ham
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, about 2 lb (1 kg)
- generous pinches black pepper
- 1 small clove garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 cups (500 mL) baby spinach (optional)
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) vegetable oil
- Lay prosciutto on a cutting board. Place a chicken breast, smooth side down, over each piece of prosciutto. With a small knife, slice into the side of each chicken breast to create a small pocket about 2 in (5 cm) deep. Sprinkle pepper over chicken and rub into each pocket. Stuff each breast with garlic and spinach (if using). Wrap chicken with prosciutto.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium high. When hot, lightly coat with oil. Add chicken breasts. Cook until lightly golden, about 4 minutes per side. Cover and cook, turning occasionally, until chicken is cooked through, 8-10 minutes. Great served with a Caesar or green salad.
- Makes 4 servings.
- In a serving: 203 calories, 33 g protein, 7 g fat, 1 g carbs, 7 mg calcium, 4 mcg folate
Introducing the My Family App
Enter your due date or your kid’s birth date to get a customized newsfeed of tips, recipes, developmental advice and health information, plus handy tools like the Nap Tracker and Potty Pal. You’ll love our Storybook feature, which turns your favourite moments into digital scrapbooks.