( 2 ratings )
- 4 servings
- 4 slices prosciutto or deli ham
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, about 2 lb (1 kg)
- generous pinches black pepper
- 1 small clove garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 cups (500 mL) baby spinach (optional)
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) vegetable oil
- Lay prosciutto on a cutting board. Place a chicken breast, smooth side down, over each piece of prosciutto. With a small knife, slice into the side of each chicken breast to create a small pocket about 2 in (5 cm) deep. Sprinkle pepper over chicken and rub into each pocket. Stuff each breast with garlic and spinach (if using). Wrap chicken with prosciutto.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium high. When hot, lightly coat with oil. Add chicken breasts. Cook until lightly golden, about 4 minutes per side. Cover and cook, turning occasionally, until chicken is cooked through, 8-10 minutes. Great served with a Caesar or green salad.
- Makes 4 servings.
- In a serving: 203 calories, 33 g protein, 7 g fat, 1 g carbs, 7 mg calcium, 4 mcg folate