This article has not been rated yet.
- 4 servings
- 1 lb stewing beef
- 6 large potatoes, cut into large chunks
- 4 carrots, cut into medium chunks
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 3 tbsp flour
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 can chunked tomatoes, juice removed
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tbsp beef broth liquid or 2 OXO cubes
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas
By Helen Williams, 15minutemom.com
This is a family favourite and a recipe I can make with my eyes closed! My stew recipe leaves the onions out but you can add some diced onion to the mixture if you prefer.
- In a large zip-lock bag, place stewing beef, salt, pepper and flour. Shake to coat meat. Put mixture into bottom of slow cooker.
- Top meat with potatoes, carrots and celery.
- Combine water , Worcestershire sauce and beef broth liquid and pour over meat and veggies. Add tomatoes and bay leaves. Stir mixture gently insuring bay leaves are covered.
- Cover and cook on low 8 hours or until potatoes are tender. 15 minutes before serving, add frozen peas. Stir.
- Serve warm with bread or rolls.